Thursday, December 15, 2011

An Update on Gracie Larue

Firstly, let me express that miracles have taken place in our lives and in little Grace because of the faith, prayers, and tenderness shown by so many of you. We are so humbled by the goodness in people, and the powerful prayers that have caused blessings to come down up Grace and our family in the last 11 days.

Grace is doing so well. I cannot believe how wonderful the results have been on some pretty scary tests. She was expected to have holes in her heart...but the tests came back negative. She has a healthy and fine heart! Because of the blood transfusions and how small she is, she was expected to have brain bleeding, but those tests--so far--have come back clear and healthy. Her little brain is just fine! Her white blood cell count was dangerously low, almost non-existent, and through the fasting and prayers of our precious family and friends she now is RIGHT where she needs to be. It truly is a big tender mercy.

She is getting weaned from her ventilator a little more every day. We hope to have her off of it soon, but she is having a few problems maintaining pressure in her lungs. She is very small and will just need to learn how to do this on her own before we can move her to a different breathing machine.

Grace is a fighter and we love her so much. One of the nurses nicknamed her Gracie Larue because she wanted her to be named Suanne Larue {after her own name and a mixture of her daughters' names}. It is a cute and silly name that is kind of sticking over there. :) She is our Christmas Angel and we are so blessed that she is here, alive, with us!


{She can be swaddled now because she pulled her huge IV out of her arm and they didn't need to put it back in yet.}

18 comments:

Cari said...

Oh my goodness she is a precious soul. I am so happy that she is doing so well...and sounds like you are too!! Wonderful, wonderful....Love you all !! Merry Christmas

Heather said...

I'm so glad she is doing so well!! Can't wait to meet her!

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

I am crying just reading about this precious little angel. Prayers are still coming your way. We are do happy things are going well. We love you guys to pieces. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I've been dying to hear an update - I'm so so happy she's doing so well!! Keep fighting Gracie!!

xoxo

Dave and Lizzie said...

That's it. She and Jimmy need to date when they're older. :) I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful little angel you have!

Jessie said...

Precious girl! I've been dying for an update on what's going on. :) Glad to hear that miracles have come your way.

P.S. I still don't know what happened!

McKell said...

Thanks for the update! I got chills just reading this. I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for your sweet little girl. She is definitely an angel! Keep updating! :) Love ya!

Jen said...

Thanks so much for the update. I'm so happy to know she's been doing so well!
I sent a little something for you down with Kaiti, so I'm sure she'll get it to you somehow.
We're still praying and can't wait to meet her!

KandyJill said...

Oh my goodness Nykki! She is beautiful. What a strong and brave little girl you have. What was her gestational age? I'm just finishing up my internship in the NICU here in Idaho Falls this week and I have seen many babies this little (and smaller) come into this world fighting for their lives... and I too have been able to witness many many miracles. The time you will spend in the NICU with her will make you so grateful for so many things. It is such a humbling thing to be around such tiny and tender spirits. It makes you grateful for modern medicine, doctors that studied their butts off in med school, technology to keep such fragile bodies alive, but mostly for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over his children and is mindful of the situations not just of those precious babies, but also of their loving families. You will witness so many miracles during your stay there, and for the rest of your life. Trust in God at this time in your life. He will bring you so much comfort through this experience. And don't forget, he is watching over little Gracie!

Sure love you. I will be keeping your family and your precious baby in my prayers. May the Lord bless you! Keep us updated!

Stephanie Braithwaite said...

Nikki! You are an amazing woman! What a pillar of strength. You sound so happy and positive - just like always! :) It looks like you have a sweet little spirit there. She looks beautiful - and I absolutely love the name. When you have a spare moment (ya right!), write down the birth story and everything that happened and blog about it. :) How far along were you anyway?

Cami Kern said...

Thanks for the update, Nikki! We love you more than words can say...and can't wait to hold that sweet baby girl!

Natalie said...

Nikki I am so glad to hear that Gracie is doing so well! It is amazing what the Lord and good medical help can do! We love you and will still keep you all in our prayers and hope that everything keeps getting better and better with your beautiful baby!!

Kristina Curtis said...

you are still in our prayers. god bless you, i am so glad she is here too. what a miracle

Millie said...

I'm so happy she is doing better! I've been wondering about her. Her little face is so dang cute! I'll be there tonight so if you're there, I'll come say hi!!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Nikki I am so happy that she is doing better each day. I hope she keeps up the good work and keeps on growing and getting stronger. You are an amazing mother, wife, and friend. We love you and are thinking about ya'll.

Jennifer said...

What a precious little angel you have there. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Little Grace is such a fighter. We could all learn a thing or 2 from this baby:) Love you!!

Deanna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! ♥♥♥ So glad she's gaining that strength!!! She's beautiful, you guys! Congratulations!!!

Alisha Williams said...

Nikki,
I have been so anxious for you and your little Grace. I am glad to hear she is progressing.
Sawyer has been praying for her. We will keep praying for your Grace.
I love you Nikki.
Merry Christmas!