Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Counting My Many Blessings

This last weekend we went up to Wyoming with the rest of Wes's family to work the calves before the winter gets too cold. I haven't been feeling too well lately (bronchitis), and so the Crandalls were stuck taking care of me as we "relaxed" at the house in Wyoming. As I became more and more sick, Wes was by my side every second babying me. I mean it--he even washed some of my throw-up off of the truck (sorry again, about the truck.). :) I was reminded of what a beautiful blessing it is to have a husband who is so self-less and loving. He is always there to take care of me--and he often puts his own needs aside to help me. I am so grateful for Wes and the good man that he is. He and his dad and his brother were able to give me a blessing as well, and I was touched by the power in the priesthood when we are living as we should be. Wes is such a good, righteous, and amazing man and I am so blessed to have him in my life (and FOREVER!!).

I am also deeply blessed to be in a classroom everyday with 8th grade crazies! :) I know that they keep me honest and help me re-evaluate what really is important as they scream and laugh their way through class. I am really blessed to be able to be with the youth who have such energy and excitement--and who are willing to use it for good (I just have to channel it a little bit). :)

Anyway-- I hope you will count your many blessings! There are always more than we realize! Love you all!

4 comments:

brett and carly said...

I hope you get feeling better soon! I'm so glad you've got a good hubby to baby you. :)

Cathy Lloyd said...

Ohhh..the truck??? Again??? LOL! I'm jealous that you guys spent the weekend in Wyoming! Hope you're feeling better! I can't even imaging having such a fun English teacher as you! Your students are blessed to have you!

crayon crandall said...

man i love your blog background its soooo cute!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

Deanna said...

I hope you get feeling better, soon, too! However, I had NO idea that throwing up was part of having bronchitis... :-} Maybe it was Wes's driving? or something else? :)