Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cross Country



Ok...so you know how I played soccer in high school? Well, it required A LOT of running. So when I started teaching jr. high, I kept thinking: "I want to coach track and field and cross country because I am a total runner." I run for fun, right? 

Wrong. This head coach I am coaching with is a bit of a weirdy and he is pretty intense. Let's just say I am dying under his current regiment. But, he is an amazing coach--our team is in first place in the district for the third year in a row. Today we had a track meet, and our girls swept the meet--getting a perfect score (15 points--don't ask me how that is perfect), and our boys won getting 28 points. So... despite the fact that I am spending a lot of time wondering what I am doing, it must be paying off!! MY TEAM WINS!!! :)

 

5 comments:

brett and carly said...

Wow check you out! That is awesome. I despise running, so anybody who even gives it a shot gets a big thumbs up in my book! :)

Caitlyn said...

I know, isn't that crazy that my mom works there? She just retired from 30 years as child support supervisor for the state. She got really bored really fast and decided to find a part-time job so yeah! She is so funny! School is great! I didn't like it at all in the beginning, but now I am really loving it. This grade is so cute, isn't it? I hope you and Wes are loving life!! Keep in touch!

Christy said...

I totally know what you are going through! Coaching is great...especially when your team is winning! :) I am sure they all love you as their coach! It sounds like you are having fun. I will definitely have to come see you sometime....

Randie said...

Nikki i love you! you are amazing and i wish i could of done cross country but because of my SUTPID foot i cant. i hope you arte going to coachtrack again because hopefully i am going to do track!
Randie

collinanddani said...

We really need to play! I am pretty much widowed this month due to the deer hunt but we should have a Halloween party!