Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Compliment or Insult?


So I have been sicker than a dog lately (thanks to the baby bean), and I figure it's a blessing I've even gone to school to teach--forget the fact that I look like crap. Today I actually felt good enough to straighten my hair and put some decent clothes on. One little girl in my class was quick to note the change. She said: "Mrs. Crandall, you look really cute today." I of course, said thank you. Then I said, "It's probably because I finally felt good enough to get ready today." Then she said, "Man you must not have felt good for a long time." To which the class all hastily agreed and then concluded, "but you still look nice today." Oh 14 year olds. What a blessing.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

LOL! That's hilarious!!! I'm sure she meant well, that's too funny! Hope you get to feeling better quickly! It's no fun to be sick!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are sick! I was like that until about 5 months. I teach in the portables, so i just had to tell my class, "If I run out of the classroom randomly- you know why!" I had to book it into the bathrooms to puke way too many times. It does go away eventually though. Hang in there!

Christy said...

Don't you love students? I had a kindergartener a couple of years ago tell me that my hair looked funny one day because I did it different than I normally did! After that though, a sweet little boy said, "I think it looks pretty!" So cute! Never a dull moment teaching I say!

Matt & Katie said...

I'm VERY sorry your sick. I hope it doesn't last forever. I've puked for 9 months so I totally understand not wanting to get dressed or do hair. Ponytails are my favorite thing!
But I don't agree with your class - you ALWAYS look cute. I've known you forever and I have never seen you not look cute!

collinanddani said...

That is so funny! Every time I see Chad he always says "hi fatty". Man kids are cute aren't they?...

Sharla and Chad Clark said...

Oh Nikki - I almost laughed out loud in class!! That is so amazing and sounds exactly like something I would have said when I was that age. I always meant well but it just came out so wrong!! I'm sure you always look adorable!

Stephanie Crandall said...

K. That is way cute! I hope you get feeling better!