Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Worst Words (for shame)...


Ok--for all of you ladies who have been pregnant, are pregnant, or ever will be pregnant, you can appreciate where I am coming from. I had to go to the doctor yesterday for a check up and I think I heard the worst words I could have ever imagined. "You are at the weight we expected you to be at at the end of your pregnancy." Now maybe it is because I have always been athletic and liked staying fit, maybe it's because Wes was sitting there and possibly thinking: she IS a bit robust now that you mention it (he never would! He's the best hubby ever!); or maybe it's just because I am a girl--but I thought the doctor dealt a pretty good sucker punch.

So now I have to eat fruits and veggies as the bulk of my diet and I have to walk for 20 minutes a day, 4 TIMES A DAY! Holy Freaking Cow--I keep thinking--how am I going to get this chubby bubby body up and down the stairs in the morning, let- alone around town on a walk?! I mean--the baby is big and healthy and strong (thank goodness!) but he also is big and healthy and strong and bounces on my bladder like it's a trampoline! And beyond that--who really likes exercise enough to go 4 TIMES A DAY!?

I need to stop complaining, because I guess I could be 50 pounds over and Wes would have to roll me around the house and through the village-and I am really grateful our baby bean is so healthy-but isn't it so funny how in one fatal doctor's visit your blissful pregnancy can turn into an enrollment for a boot camp?

11 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry that your Dr. said that :( Towards the end of my pregnancy's I ALWAYS get on the Dr. scale backwards...and tell them to NOT tell me what I weigh, because quiet frankly I don't want to know. I think that you look great, and I also think that 4 times a day is a little excessive. Good Luck! It is sure tough being pregnant, but more than worth when it is over.

Angel said...

haha. That pretty much IS the worst thing to hear from your doctor, or from anyone at that matter. But in my opinion you look GREAT! You'll have to walk close to home with all the potty breaks you'll have to be taking! :)

brett and carly said...

Wow - that is so not fun! I say just do what you can and eat well and you'll be fine! You really look incredible. You don't look overweight, but I do understand how that could be a kick to the ego. (Just wait until after you have the baby... it's pretty awesome still looking pregnant a month after he comes!) Anyway, I gained 50, yup count 'em, 5-0 pounds with Kellen and my doctor never told me to ease up. I couldn't do much with all my swelling anyway, but I really believe if you aren't stuffing your face with fatty foods and aren't sitting on the couch all day you're going to be ok. Hmmm... that was a long post... let it be known I've lost almost 40 of the pounds already. Ok love you bye. :)

Matt & Katie said...

Okay - You look AMAZING and honestly - Don't worry about your weight. Who wants to exercise when your at the end of your pregnancy. Walking is SO uncomfortable. I gained 45 lbs and I lost it in 2 months. And with how fit you are - You'll loose it in a second! That's what breast feeding is for! Just enjoy being pregnant and eat whatever you want :) Poo on the doc.! I love you! It was so great seeing you and you really are the cutest pregnant chic I have ever seen.

A Princess World said...

So first of all I think you look awesome!!! Its a good thing those babes are so cute and so worth it because they definatly take a toll on our bodies. I think I would have punched the Doc right then and there or maybe bawled--who knows with all the hormones!!!

Jackie said...

Whatever! Don't worry about how much weight you gain honestly, as long as you are eating healthy! I gained 89 pounds with Isabelle and 76 with Isaac (yeah I know, Jen was the same way dang genetics) and I was eating hardly anything and when I was, it was pretty healthy for the most part (with the exception of ice-cream). My Dr. never said anything to me about it! I lost all my weight after 2 months because it was mostly water! You are beautiful! I love your guts and I'm glad your baby is healthy, that's all that matters!

Richard and Carlie said...

Nikki, I think you look fantastic! He's just a healthy boy, and that is a blessing! But seriously, I would NOT go walking 4 times a day, that seems ridiculous. Seeing as how I'm a doctor and can tell you such things like that...haha, but seriously, 4?? No thank you. You're beautiful

Deanna said...

Oh, Nikki! Don't worry...you'll get your body partially back! :) I had a nurse ask me once when I was due...When I told her I had two months left, the look on her face was priceless. She asked if I had Gestational Diabetes...my reply, "No - I'm just very pregnant, Thank You!"

You look adorable, SO adorable!!!

collinanddani said...

Well I think all you need to do is wake board when we go to Lake Powell! And you look cute so don't worry about it! You should come up to my house and swim, my friend that was pregnant during the summer said that was the best thing.

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

You look great! Hang in there. I've heard they can hook a bag to your bladder... Ha ha...

Cathy Lloyd said...

hahaha...still laughing at that last comment about hooking a bag to your bladder. Ahhh the woes of pregnancy...they are still vivid in my mind and that was over 20 years ago! You are so flippin' cute...I can't wait to see your little darling! You and Wes are going to be awesome parents!