Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beauty and the Beast



Hey! We rushed home from Wyoming last night to go to the play: Beauty and the Beast. Our good friend Sari is in the play and she did a great job prancing and dancing around the soaking stage. Besides a cute lady with a baby, Sari also played a delicately pressed napkin and a spunky, fungus colored rug that ran about the stage and did acrobatics. Needless to say, it was sweet. We had a ton of fun with all of our friends--including new baby Emery Brinkerhoff (sooooo cute!).

Then the fun really started, because the play was outdoors and it started to rain. Mck ran to his car to get a 40 by 40 tarp *(HUGE!) and all 5 couples fit underneath it nicely. The rain stopped until the last 30 seconds of the play when out of no where it was raining CATS AND DOGS! Seriously....the whole stages was a river! So Wes, Andrew, and Mck had this brilliant idea to go to the car with everyone UNDER the giant tarp and then we wouldn't get wet.

Imagine what people were thinking when they saw 10 pairs of legs under this ginormous tarp traipsing through the streets in the pouring rain. It was pretty funny and it was super smart actually. I am just impressed we didn't get hit by a car or something. :)






4 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I bet that was such a fun play to see. Where did ya'll see it? I would love to go and see it if its still playing. This rain around here has been nuts the past few weeks.

Mckell and Sari Condie said...

Ha Ha I love the description of the rug! I guess I am more of a fungus colored flying squirrel than a rug! It even smells a little like fungus since it got wet :( oh well thanks for coming to see it!!!

Deanna said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!!! And I thought that was your baby...remind me when you're due???!???

brett and carly said...

How fun! I miss seeing live theater. That sounds like a grand adventure. Post more soon! :)