Tuesday, August 11, 2009

INTRODUCING: WESLEY CACHE CRANDALL







Some might ask: what in the world is he doing here so early?

We would answer: We aren't sure, but he is the BEST thing that has ever happened to us. I guess Cache got sick of watching his mommy and daddy have all the fun without him, so he decided to come a month early. For the longer version of this story, please email (I didn't want to get too verbose). :) Cache was 6 lbs. 1 ounces when he was born and he was 18 inches long. His birthday is officially August 7!

Needless to say this is the best surprise I have EVER had. I love being a mommy. The joys of holding him and changing a million poopy diapers and just laughing at every "cute" thing he does are keeping me on a little high right now. We have a few changes, like: zero hours of sleep and the washer and drier are constantly cleansing some type of baby clothing, but those are some small trade offs for this little boy. I can't imagine life without him. It is honestly the most humbling and spiritual and FUN thing being a parent. (Why do we ever doubt that?)

Anywho...Here are some of his first mug shots. He has his daddy's HUGE LONG fingers...and he looks like a Brewer through his eyes and nose (although, he looks a TON like Wes did when he was born too!). Love you all!



13 comments:

collinanddani said...

I was just going to text you and tell you to put some pictures up of the little guy! I already miss him! Congrats and I love his name

Katherine said...

What a good looking baby! I'm glad you are all well and I can't wait to see little Cache in person!
-Katherine

A Princess World said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys. He is SO handsome. I am so happy all is well. Many fun times are to be had! Love you guys.

brett and carly said...

Yaaaaay! More pics! He is beautiful!!!! And I love the way you put things... you are so right! Love you girl... I'm serious about hanging in December! :)

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Wow Nikki just reading this is making me want one... I bet you are an AMAZING mama!

Matt & Katie said...

Finally - Pictures! I have been checking like 10 times a day! He is SO handsome! With you two as parents - how could he not be?! Congrats and we are just so excited and happy for you guys!
I am so baby hungry now

Angel said...

Congratulations! That is such a nice little surprise for him to come early! I'm glad everything went well and you are both ok. He is such a doll!!

Jessie said...

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wasn't expecting this post at all! :) He's so precious, Nik. You look like one happy mommy. You and Wes will be awesome parents. He's a lucky baby!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! Yay!!! How come Cache was born a week ago and I'm just hearing about it now! We're so glad that he's here and doing well! He sure is a handsome little guy! We can't wait to meet him in person!

Jackie said...

Yay Nikki! I am so happy your little guys is here and healthy. I can't wait to meet him, I heard everything went relatively well which is great! You are already the best Mom I can tell. Tell Wes congrats and hopefully we will be able to meet the little man soon!

Chelsie said...

congratulations!! i'm so happy for you guys. little cache is so stinkin cute and i'm glad that everything went well and you are enjoying the new little addition to your fam

Jennifer said...

Congratulations girl! I can't wait to meet this darling little boy! What a great family he was born into :)

Kellie said...

CONGRATS!! That is such a great surprise, you two are the cutest parents and baby Cache is so lucky to have you. BTW if you ever need someone to hold him...PLEASE call.
Hope your feeling good too.