Monday, January 25, 2010

Belly...

Hey all.

I need some help. I am just four pounds away from my pre-Cache weight and I am super excited about that. But...my belly is still disgusting. I don't want anyone to vomit, so I will spare details, but it is just a lump of lard that I cannot tame! I cannot figure out how to look like everyone else who had a baby and manages a nice firm body. So, I am trying to ellicit some workouts/suggestions/ideas from you all on ways to get that toned look again. Be brutal and honest. (Please don't suggest a triatholon, Melissa. I just don't want to do that!)

I don't know if I'll have the time or will-power to try them, but it'd be nice to have them in my tool-belt (a tool-belt that fits a nice toned tummy!). Loveage!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what people have to say to this! I'm worried about the exact same thing! Lots of sympathy coming your way from me!

Jessie said...

P.S. Lauren got married in Mesa, AZ on August 7, 2008. Yup. 19 and head-over-heels in love.

Jen said...

Well, I don't know who you know who has a firm stomach after having kids, but I'm afraid it's hard to come by. Crunches and planks can help tone your abs, but it's tricky business to get rid of the layer of flab that goes over it.
It will get better though. Cache is still really young. It takes a while to thin out that flabby layer a little more.
At Christmas and on that Youtube video you looked fantastic, so don't stress it.

collinanddani said...

Lipo. Let's do it together.

Deanna said...

Uh, yeah...skinny minnie. You look FABULOUS!!! Whatever you're doing, is obviously working!!!

I'm sure if you told your hubby that you needed more workouts, he could surely help you out. :)

P.S. My mom has done aerobics, walking, pilates or yogo since the day I was born. no kidding. And she looks fabulous, even for having 7 kids. So, I guess the point i'm trying to make, is just find what works for you, and go for it. Your routine may have to change as your family grows, but I'm sure you'll figure it out! And seriously, You looked awesome when I took your family pictures, so I can only imagine that you look even more awesome! :)

Just DON'T do what I've done; turn on a workout program or show and watch them work out while you nurse...I guess I thought osmosis would work? IDK. LOL!

Loves from Idaho

Unknown said...

Nikki,
Ever since Wes was born I have been fighting the same thing, and I have come to accept that it is a thing of beauty. If you have it, show it off baby!

Calvin:)