Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Winter Slump

Sorry everyone...but I have officially hit my winter slump. This is the point of EVERY year when I dread the long yucky weather and the depressing drag of life. I get caught up in my to-do list instead of living, and I often find myself in tears, despite the fact that I am not a crier. I hit it last week and I couldn't pull myself out of it.

BUT! I am on the up and up I think (and I hope everyone else who is feeling this way is too!). I can see sunshine through my window and this week has been less stressful and more enjoyable. I have been able to talk to my hubby, play at Ikea, SMOOCH AND LOVE my bubby and get my house cleaner than it has been in weeks. Those things, coupled with the fact that I am a daughter of God have brought me full circle and I can say that I am kicking that winter slump good bye.

3 comments:

The Mills said...

um IKEA, love that store!

Jessie said...

I TOTALLY understand! I always lose it around Valentine's Day and don't recover for a week or two. Winter is ALMOST over... then it'll be onto busy summer activities followed by the start of a busy new school year and the holiday season. Whew! I've told myself to enjoy the dead "down time" while it's here.

Glad you got some stuff done (so satisfying) and are feeling better!

P.S. I tagged you in my blog a few posts back. Go read!

Deanna said...

a clean house always makes me feel better...at least until two tornadoes tear through it, but then I have to remember to count my blessings and yup, sure enough, I see the sun shining through my window, too. :) Looks like you have it figured out. :)