Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Alien in the Cupboard



What is it? You may ask. It could be a very modern decoration for the house. It could be a new type of Japanese plant to use in the garden. Or it could be my long lost sack of potatoes. I opened the pantry the other day (forgetting that potatoes were even in there) and screamed! This alien was growing right by the door. I'm not lying when I tell you I am terrified of the things that grow on potatoes. When my mom used to have me peel potatoes that just had little ones, I had to put on the cleaning gloves from under the sink to even touch them. They were NO WHERE NEAR the size of these tato arms. They freak me out.

So imagine how horrific it is to see this alien potato factory growing in my pantry. I have to shut the door. Wes keeps forgetting to get it out, so I am afraid that in the middle of the night we will all be suffocated and colonized by this alien plant. This just shows you what a wonderful cook and house keeper I am.



Speaking of keeping house: I was vacuuming today and Cache was fascinated/ worried about the vacuum coming closer to him. I could NOT stop laughing as I watched his worried face whenever the vacuum would come near. He just watched it and then would jump whenever it got a little louder. I think this vacuum is his alien potato bag.



6 comments:

Jessie said...

You're too funny, Nik! I KNEW it was a potatoe plant as soon as I saw the picture. haha It's happened to me too... except not quite so tall! You're amazing. And Cache is just plain cute.

Matt & Katie said...

Okay, this is SO funny! Those potato things scare me to :) Those are pretty tall too!
Cache is seriously SO SO SO cute! I just want to kiss those cheeks! Is there any Crandall in him? I think he is 100% Brewer! Love it.

Jen said...

That is so funny! I love you Nikki!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Oh those nasty taters! Just be glad they aren't spoiling and have maggots growing on them. Then you'd really be in trouble! I've seen it with my own little eyes before!

I just wanna get my hands on that darling Cache! Oh my he's dang cute! Enjoy!

Christy said...

AHHH! HOLY COW! I would be scared of the alien potatoes too! Haha..I had to really laugh at this one!

A Princess World said...

I love the potatoes...I have never seen anything like that! That is so funny. Taylor is also scared to death of the vaccum...and it doesn't help that Brandon thinks it's funny to chase her with it!