Monday, April 26, 2010

An Easy Project


Hey Y'all,

Saturday I got together with Cass and Dani and we made these easy cake stands/ treat stands. It honestly took five minutes. The longest part was buying the dishes and then letting the calking dry. and they are cute. So here's what you do:

1. Get a plate/platter you like
2. Get a matching cup/mug/ice cream dish/etc that will fit on the bottom of the plate and could hold it up. This will be your stand once you attach it.
3. Get clear calking from Lowes or Walmart.
4. Attach the cup to the plate with the calking (clean off excess before it dries) and let dry overnight
5. Make a huge batch of cupcakes or cookies and give away (or make a cool decoration in YOUR house).

If you've already seen these, I know I can be behind the times. If not...enjoy!



2 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

LOVE that idea! I haven't seen that before so thanks for posting!! I hear ya on the mommy mode thing and the late night/all night chats...I think Brynlie is cutting all of her teeth at once :)

Deanna said...

So adorable!!!!! I love it. The cake stand I have is crystal and very girly...I DEFINITELY need a boyish one, and this is just the thing I've been looking for!!