Monday, September 20, 2010

HALLOWEEN! crafts

I had homework to do tonight. Obviously I did everything in my power to avoid it. I got crafty. I have had this little crafty vibe for the past few weeks. It's weird. I like it. I want to make things.

I love FALL AND HALLOWEEN. For some reason they hold some of my best childhood memories! I love the feeling of new teachers and lockers and pencils and school supplies. Cozy weather, football games, leaves, and candy. Everything about Fall says new, maybe because of the new school year, or maybe just because I am a weirdy.

My friend Cassidy made the cutest wreath the other day and so I asked her for left-over materials and made one too. I made one for my mom too because she always makes stuff for me. Speaking of which: she made me the darlingest (word?) fall table runner for my kitchen table. So I also had to make a Halloween table runner because we had gno with sewing last Thursday. I decided to stock up on crafty for a while because I have been so low on it for years and years and years. Anyway....here is what I have done! Enjoy!

(Excuse the pics: some of them are from my phone!)







4 comments:

Jessie said...

Oooh, I like that wreath! Is it just pieces of ripped material tied around a hanger or something? Let me know. I think it'd be a great activity to do with my YW.

Kaiti Klara said...

Nik you are so talented!!:) I love those wreaths and table runner! I miss you so much, we need to play!

collinanddani said...

I look like a boy in that picture! But that was a fun night! I can't wait until I come back and can do another one! Thanks for teaching us how to make those table runners.

Matt & Katie said...

You are so crafty! I love everything you made! Teach me! I LOVE fall too! I have been fighting the urge to get my Halloween stuff out for weeks now! Its killing me! Only a few days to go :) What is Cache being for Halloween?