Thursday, January 13, 2011

We Seek After These Things...


Have you ever read the 13th Article of Faith? I mean really read it? I can honestly say that I haven't. Until now. I have had the amazing blessing to be in Young Women for two and a half years now. That's a pretty long time...and yet, it isn't. There's so much to be done and so much that can be done in a year. But you have to work for it. I have met some amazing women who are working hard to bless the lives of the youth. But my favorite part of young women is the YOUTH. I love them. From their smiles to their various talents to their strong spirits to their weaknesses and insecurities. Everything that they have makes them beautiful. They are such awesome instruments in the Lord's hands.

The theme this year for Young Women (and young men) is the 13th Article of Faith. I love the idea of seeking after virtuous things. It is NOT enough to try and avoid the bad things around us, we need to be seeking after the good, virtuous, benevolent things that God has placed on this earth. By doing so, we can help lead others unto Christ. That's what I need to improve on and I hope that I will. I want to lead others to Christ by all that I do and say. I want to make sure that I am planting within me a PURE desire to follow and obey the Lord. I want to make sure that I am doing the things He asks of us because I understand what they are and why they are important. It is vital that we don't just go through the motions, but that we truly understand our worship and WHO we worship, and why.

I love my callings with the youth and I have been so deeply blessed by my associations with them. They strengthen me daily and help me stay focused on my goals and my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

So well said, Nik! I couldn't have said it any better. I was wondering what the theme was for this year and, not kidding, the 13th Article of Faith has been weighing on my mind as something to teach! :) So cool. (Yeah, just goes to show how far out in the boonies we are.)

Deanna said...

Love what you said. Love the 13th article of faith. It's played a big part in reminding me where my 'treasures' should be. :) Did you do the poster???