Monday, February 14, 2011

My little Cowboy

The debate between Nurture and Nature has been on-going for sometime in the education world. How much of a child's personality, likes, dislikes come from his surroundings and how much just comes with him?

I have to say that I am a strong believer in the nurture aspect of a child and so I try to be more careful with how I act, what I say, etc. But this little Cache has challenged some of my beliefs. The kid is a cowboy by Nature! :) He loves being outside, chasing cows, clomping on horses and four-wheelers, riding in tractors and backhoes (which he can now say very well). The kid was born to be on the ranch. I love him so much and I can't get enough of his little adventerous spirit.

4 comments:

McKell said...

I agree! I think it is a little bit of both. They definitely pick up on things you do (and say!) Josee LOVES to be a little mommy to her baby dolls and her cousins and such. It is just her! There are no other siblings for her to see me doing that with :) Your little Cache is such a DOLL and I love that he is a little cowboy! So so cute :)

Jessie said...

How cute! I think it is a little bit of both. Bron surprised me last night with a special treat; I gasped and clapped my hands. He said, "so that's where Jed gets it! Good thing you're so cute." So yes, they copy everything we do and say--which puts a lot of pressure on us to be the kind of person we want them to be. And then, sometimes, they're just boys and they like cool things like tractors and cows and mud. I think that's pre-programmed. :) haha Looove hearing about Cache!

Deanna said...

such a cute video!!!

Seriously, he's growing up too fast.

Jessie said...

oooh, Nik! Can I just also say how BEAUTIFUL those mountains are!!! Wow! You guys are sooo lucky.