Monday, August 15, 2011

Two


My baby is two. Can I be a bit melancholy? Two is not where I thought he would be. It goes so fast. Time races by every day. I get so excited that he is learning new things and doing new things, and then I stop and think: but he is growing and will not be doing the old things any more. I am beginning to see what parents say everytime: cherish this stage because it is gone so fast. And it is.

My Cache is my miracle. I sit here today with so much gratitude and love in my heart. He really shouldn't be here. We had so many complications....were almost positive that he was gone a few times. And yet, he is here. God has blessed my life with more richness, more beauty, more humilty, more joy than I could have ever done on my own. This baby Cache is a gift and I cherish Him. He is my light and my life. He is the reason I get up when I am sick, and the reason I stay up a few extra hours with him running around the house at night. I love being with him.

My sweet boy had a wonderful birthday. He walked around saying, "Two Two," all day and holding up five fingers. He loves his new "bi" (bike) and his many tractors and finger puppets.

I pray that I will always remember this little two year old and his funny quirks. Because I know tomorrow I will be sending him off on a plane to his mission and then watching him take his own beautiful bride to the temple, and quite honestly, I just can't stand the thought. Here are some pictures of his big day!

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5641252443816400850" />





6 comments:

Matt & Katie said...

You are such a great mom and cache & baby #2 are so lucky! time does goes SO fast! Happy Birthday Cache!

Jennifer said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet boy! Can he be mine please? ha! I think I need him:)

Unknown said...

Nikki-I just found your blog and your family is darling! Congrats on baby #2!

Deanna said...

he is too cute!!! Look at how grown up he's getting!!!

BRooKe said...

Oh my how I love you and your little boy! Can I just tell you that I could not agree with you more as a mother! Our little August baby boys are no longer babies...What are we going to do? Thanks for posting, I ALWAYS am looking for a post from you because I love the way you express and explain things! Keep them coming girl!

Jen said...

Cache is such an adorable ball of energy! It was so much fun to spend the week with you last month. Happy birthday Cache!