Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Baby



I'm just putting up random pictures: I do NOT know the Gender of my baby!
I just need to say this and I'm not sure exactly how it will come out: but I am SO STINKING EXCITED TO HAVE A NEW BABY! I had a panic attack a few weeks ago about going through labor and delivery again. That required some strong mental muscle to force myself to deal. But then I woke up the next morning with butterflies in my tummy and a huge smile on my face. I can't wait for this new little spirit to join our family and rock our world!

My grandma Brewer was in town the other night and she said our family prayer one night. She prayed for all of the grandkids who were pregnant {there are four of us, due around the same time!}, and for the special babies we were carrying. She prayed specifically that we would be blessed because we were making the decision to bring Heavenly Father's children into good homes with loving parents, and the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. I was really touched by her humble and sincere prayer and it got me thinking about my role as a mother on a much deeper level than I have in a while. Maybe it was because of the difficulties and challenges I had while carrying and delivering Cache, but I will never take the miracle of life for granted again. It truly is a miracle and a blessing that we have no control over. God is a wonderful and loving Father to allow us to be parents and to allow us children who are so prepared and strong when they come here.

I know God gives us different challenges and trials and we all make choices about life and children and they are quite personal and quite right for us if we are listening. I just want to say though that I am so happy for the challenges children bring. They teach me how to act more like Him and show me how to love more purely. They make me laugh out loud {like when Cache floods the kitchen and then almost cracks his head open slipping in the water} and tear up and cry, but they are so wonderful. I am so thankful for new babies and the family that I am creating now!

6 comments:

Angel said...

I didn't realize you were pregnant again! So exciting, congrats! When are you due? I loved reading this post and it just made me that much more excited for my litle gal to come and for me to experience motherhood! :)

The Mills said...

What an awesome prayer?! Love Grandmas... When are you due? Thats so exciting!

Jennifer said...

So tender. Isn't being a Mom the greatest blessing in the world? And I truly believe that God gives us exactly what we need in our lives. When I was pregnant with William, I thought I wanted a girl SO bad, but now I do not know what I would do without my chunky little love bug in my life. God knew I needed him, and that is what makes these experiences so wonderful! I am so excited for you and love you dearly! And I am especially thankful for that little Cache. I giggle just thinking about him. Really wish you would give him to me!! Ha!

Jessie said...

I am excited for you too! It's so wonderful that you feel the same way I do about being a mother: it's hard work, but it rocks! You r an awesome lady, Nik. I can't wait to hear more about this baby!

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

When are you due pretty lady? I'm having quite the anxiety myself.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

That was very sweet. I often forget about how blessed we are to have these sweet spirits in our lives. You are right they are hard but bring the biggest smiles ever to our faces and hearts.

PS i love the blog face lift. super cute.