Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving and a beginning to Christmas

Well Hello Everyone!

Thanksgiving was great this year. I hope that you can say the same! We went with Wes's family to Saint George to enjoy a fun, sunny week and some good family friends. We had a great feast, PLENTY of down time, and lots of love and laughs. The girls saw New Moon(lucky us), and the boys went golfing. We even went four-wheeling at the sand-dunes (that was fun!).

Wes's friends (that he has grown up with) were there with their darling little girl. Cache hung out with his buddy Emery--and Dani (Emery's mom) was there to show us a great picture of she and Wes when they were the babie's age! Cute. I know I am going to Picture overload you, but trust me, there could always be more.









And THEN.... (Yes of course I have more...I could talk forever--even if no one listened :) )... We have been getting our house Christmasy. I just love this time of year! I know this sounds crazy, but it gives me this magical, sparkly feeling and I can't get over my love for it. It reminds me of the magic I feel when I read Harry Potter; I'm in a new, exciting world where magical things can happen. (Go ahead....laugh...but it's true!) I am a sucker for the great music, the twinkle lights, cuddling by the fire, watching corny movies, reading great picture books, and wrapping gifts. I love the service and love that is so evident during this time of year too. I just want to hug everyone. I do. Really. Come here!

My brothers and I made cookies the other day to pass on the Christmas spirit, and even Cache tried to help. Granted, he just cooed and slept, but he made it well worth it! I just love that little guy and I am THRILLED he gets to have Christmas with us. It just adds to the sparkly magic. Anyway... as we were making cookies, I have never laughed so hard in all of my life. My brother, Coleby, was supposed to be measuring the brown sugar, but it was a bit hard. So he asked, "Do you think three nuggets of sugar will equal 3/4 of a cup?" Then Coleby pretended to pour some spices into the dough. Mckay came up, very worried and commanded, "Don't put Parzalee in to the dough!" We had such a great time. I love my family. So...on that note, I want to wish you a Happy Holiday filled with family fun!









12 comments:

The Mills said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I love your x-mas tree its beautiful! Cache is getting so BIG! WOW!!

Andrew and Jena said...

cute decorations!! I too love the magical feeling of christmas! It's such a wonderful time of year!! :)

Jessie said...

You make me laugh, Nik! What a FUN Thanksgiving!!! I love family and miss mine so much out here in NY. And, I must say, you are quite the decorator. Your tree is very pretty.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Nikki you can never have too many pictures on a blog. It looks like yall had a fun tirp down here.. too bad we were in Springville and couldnt see ya'll while you were on our stomping ground.

Jessie said...

Shhh! The berry pie is the EASIEST thing in the world!
1. Bake a pie crust
2. Boil up some Raspberry Desserta (I couldn't find any desserta here, so I have a recipe that involves a little jello, water, and cornstarch)
3. Let deserta cool for a minute; stir in 2 bags of mixed frozen berries
4. Pour in pie crust. Cool for a few hours in the fridge.
VOILA! Yumminess. And my husband thinks the world of me. :) hehe

Mauri said...

dear nik. you are too cute. and i love you! the end.

Jennifer said...

That is one darling baby you have there cousin! I love that you love Christmas, because I do too:) Hope that all your "magical" dreams come true!

Jackie said...

I miss you so much! I love your pictures,and I love Christmas too, but I love your beautiful family more! Your brothers are so funny, it makes me sad that I haven't even seen Cache yet. Hopefully this Christmas Eve we can see you! Love you a million times!

Deanna said...

Nikki - He is growing up too fast! What a cutie....the house looks GRET!

Deanna said...

I meant to say GREAT! Not Gret.

Cathy Lloyd said...

Oh how I love that picture of Cache in your header! Wish I could just give him a squeeze or two! Enjoy your holidays!

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

Holy cow... look how big your little dude is! Looks like you guys are having a BLAST! I miss your guts... and love them.. love and miss your guts. Yes. Ok, that's all. I hope you have an awesomely wonderful Christmas!