Sunday, March 13, 2011

Confessions

So...I think I need to confess a few things. This isn't like a sinner in church going to the preacher either. Just getting some things off of my chest in order to see things clearer. I think sometimes I need to reconcile what is realistic with what other people want or expect of me, in order to find peace. :)

1. I sometimes stay in my sweats all day long. When I say sometimes, this isn't once a month either. Try once a week. I love it. Even if I am dressed, I usually put on sweats around 5 or 6. Can't help it.

2. Instead of being the "perfect" housewife, I usually don't do chores all day. Cache and I read and play for most of the day. We cook and make a lot of messes and we laugh our heads off. And (gasp) I don't feel guilty about it. Or maybe I do. That's why I have to confess it sometimes....IDK.

3. Truthfully, Wes is the most honest and supportive man I have ever met. Ever. He makes me feel like I am the most on-the-ball, motivated, and talented girl in the world. Even when I am in my sweats playing in the mud with Cache. How did I get so lucky?

4. I love projects and crafts. I get super excited and motivated to do something and then I begin. I hardly ever finish something. It can take YEARS for me to finish a project. Imagine my house right now full of half-done projects....YIKES.

5. If I had my way, Cache and I would be with Wes working almost every day. I love being on the horses, in the truck, feeding hay, anything. As long as we are with Wes. It makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing something bigger than myself. Plus I'm outside, plus I'm with "the boys". Maybe that's why I like it so much.

6. I talk a lot and listen too little. Stupid mouth.

7. I LOVE root beer floats.

8. As geeky as this sounds (and it is geeky) I own a pen collection. I love pens. I get them for Christmas and Birthdays. When I go to a store that's my favorite isle (along with other office supplies). I even will wait around for an hour to get a free pen from a company I don't even care about. I JUST NEED THE PEN!

9. I have a problem with swearing. Wes is helping me out with this. Cache learning to talk is a great motivator as well.

10. Sometimes I miss teaching so badly that I want to cry...but then I would miss Cache so much that I would cry. Plus, I feel guilty when I am at work all day away from Cache. Is that normal?

11. I text about 4500 texts a month. OBSESSED!

12. Even if I am sad, I have a really hard time crying. I don't know what the issue is either. Sometimes it feels SOOO GOOD to cry.

13. My calling and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ mean more to me now then they ever have before. The more I reflect and realize the deeper meaning behind our Father's love and His purposes, the more I realize I need to step up and be more obedient. It's almost like a light bulb has come on and I recognize what I should be doing on a different level than I ever have before. I can't explain it. I just feel it. Oh well...I tried to confess this one. :)

14. I still wear my glow in the dark retainers at night. Wes has matching glow in the dark ones. We are the dragon-geek-nerd couple and we look hott in them.

15. As fun as it sounds, I can't jump on a trampoline any more. Cache destroyed my bladder and I have issues. Wonder what will happen after a few more kids. I'll have to wear pull-ups to the grocery store.

8 comments:

BRooKe said...

You are too cute and I love your posts! Yea for sweats! Me and Hayden have jammie days all the time! Especially if it is cold outside. I love that you still wear your retainer...mine does not fit my teeth anymore, yikes! You are the cutest and best mama ever, you have your priorities straight to put chores aside and focus on your little guy! Keep the posts coming, I love reading!

alexandjon said...

You are so wonderful!!! I love my sweats, I'm pretty sure Jon only ever sees me in them. I just love you and MISS you! Wanna come to dinner?

Jessie said...

Love, love, love this! You make me want to "confess" too. Thanks for keeping it real. If it makes you feel any better, I often shower and then CHANGE into scrubs. What's the difference between sweats and scrubs? Not much. But I feel a little dressed! Ha! And I need to take after you in #2 a bit more--just let things get a little dirty and play with my boy. He needs me more than the kitchen floor needs to be swept. Love ya, Nik!

Jackie said...

Okay, I seriously laughed so hard! First of all, I wear glow in the dark retainers at night too AWESOME! I would stay in my jammies all day as well if I could! However, I wish I had your "never crying" thing... Unfortunately I think I cry too much! Dang hormones! I love you girl, you are a fabulous Mom! :)

Matt & Katie said...

I seriously cannot stop laughing! You are the best writer and I love your confessions! Mine are pretty much the same :) I even have the glow in the dark retainers! I have always remembered that you love pens. You always had the coolest & I was always in awe!! I seriously cannot wait until we move back so we can hang out & our kiddos can play!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

You and I are one in the same Nikki. I have a LOT of those same things on my list. And I DO NOT think that you should feel guilty about playing and reading with Cache all day. It is much more important than working on "projects". As long as you pick up the house at night and clean once a week you should be good. You are a super lucky girl to be able to enjoy this time with your boys. I say take full advantage of it all before you have another because you wont get all of the same chances with the rest of you babies because you will have Cache and the others to take care of also. My motto is live life to its fullest each day and spend as much time as you can with those you love. Loves you!

Jen said...

Aside from the whole "pen thing" we are so much alike in so many ways. Love to get things off my chest too cause I usually find out I am not the only weird one out there. :)

Millie said...

Nikki, you are so stinkin funny! I miss seeing you around! I totally agree with you on #1 and #2!! Can't wait for camp!