Monday, March 7, 2011

My Din



My sister just got back from her mission in Virginia. I need to say that she is one of the best people I know. She came home with such a spirit about her (which I hope all missionaries do) but it's more than that. I just want to be around her 24/7 she is so full of what is right and wants to be better. She has goals and ambition, and most of all: the Spirit, so strong. I just soak it up...I forgot how good it feels to have the Spirit with you all of the time. I need to do better.

Lindsey is very witty and she can joke and laugh with the rest of us, but she has this peace and love around her. I think it is from serving others so well that she is now so calm. It rubs off. No one wants to offend that awesome feeling she brings with her. I was talking with her the other day and she said, "Everyone keeps telling me I need to do things on my own time. But, Nikki, I don't want to do it on my time, I want to do it on the Lord's time." Yes. I started crying! She is so good. She has helped me remember what is important and what I should be doing and focusing on.

Thanks Linds...you're an amazing sister.


4 comments:

Angel said...

Wow! I swear she just left! Crazy how fast that went. I'm sure its great to have her around again! :)

Deanna said...

Squeeeeeeeeee!

Jen said...

Hooray for Lindsey! It was so great to see her (and you) at her homecoming! I need to do better too. Being amissionary is so great because you are doing exactly what the Lord wants you to be doing all the time. It's such a wonderful spirit to feel all the time. It's so fun to have her back!

Jessie said...

Awww, I need to meet her again! Sisters are the best. It was sooooo good to see you the other day! Just wish we could've talked longer!