Monday, June 7, 2010

Cache can Crawl

I need to give some background information for those who aren't in this daily battle. Wes is OBSESSED with golfing. Obsessed. OBSESSED! He goes at least once (usually two or three times) a week. He and his buddy Mckell have gotten new shoes, new bags, new irons, new wedges, new drivers, new tees, new shirts, new golf balls (they'll be needing new sponsers and funding soon). They love it.

I hate it.

It takes my husband away, it takes our funds away, it will take my son away. And so...I have told Cache since he was a wee infant upon his mother's knee: NO GOLFING. So guess what happens? Wes takes Cache up to the spare bedroom where Wes has a putting practice green and he practices with Cache. He teaches him how to putt and then how to hold the ball etc. Cache LOVES it. (oh no!)

The other day, Wes noticed Cache wanted to hold the putter, so he let him stand up and hold it by him. Then he had an idea: Cache should learn to crawl and come and get this. And guess what? All of my failed attempts and trying to entice Cache to crawl for a kiss, a hug, a tickle, a cell phone, a morsel of food, a toy, a book, a candy, $50!! went right out the window as Cache crawled for the first time for the putter. What is the world coming to?! My son will go for a lousy golf club but not for the love in his mother's heart?

Needless to say, I was excited and heartbroken all in one. My son is a golf lover. My husband is a golf lover. Why? Why? WHY?! :) But at least they are both mobile. That's a plus, right?




7 comments:

Jessie said...

LOL. very well written! Bron would LOVE to spend some time w Wes out on the greens. And at least you know Cache will take after his daddy! We will do all the work for our boys but they will worship their dads.

Deanna said...

You poor soul.

My father-in-law golfs EVERY day but Wednesdays...

My husband's golf clubs sit dusty and probably rusty in our garage, and have since we've been married. It's fabulous. I'm so blessed. :) So there IS hope for Cache.

Sorry you didn't get so lucky. LOL!

Jackie said...

I have to say I feel your pain, but hey your baby is crawling which is totally AWESOME! Although it is one more step to Cache getting bigger... I really want to come see you guys!

collinanddani said...

Love the post. Hate golfing as much as you do.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Awww Nik boys are just crazy and you cant controle them I have learned. I am just preping myself to just turn my head because I just know Brady is going to teach Ryker things I wont want him to but I guess boys will be boys.
That makes me so excited for you to not be going back to school. Im sure your little Cash guy will LOVE it also. I know my mom will miss seeing you every Tuesday night.

brett and carly said...

haha, that's be like if Kellen had crawled to get to a video game controller for me :) so exciting that he's moving!

Jessie said...

still doing good! thanks for asking. I guess I still have my moments of tiredness, but who doesn't? I feel like I was born to be Jed's mommy! We still have yet to make it to the beach at the lake though! How's your summer treating you?