Sunday, June 27, 2010

Update


Hello! I just wanted you all to know that the porch is painted (thanks to the help of my lovely sister-in-law, Caryn!) and the bathroom is painted. I am almost complete with all of those projects. That didn't take as long as I thought it would. :) I thought since home improvement can ONLY be SOOO entertaining, I would just update you on the summer so far.

Wes and I have been back and forth between home and Wyoming again. Living in Wyoming is very relaxing and carefree--but it can get lonely too. I guess that is why we switch weeks because we just need a good mix of life. Cache loves Wyoming because he gets my undivided attention all day long and also because of his new favorite toy: The 4-Wheeler. He loves getting jostled on that bumpy ATV. He also loves to hold the handles and "steer" while Wes and I are trying to keep us from going into a ditch. One thing is for sure: he just keeps getting cuter as the days go by.



It's about a three hour drive from Wyoming and usually Cache sleeps on the way home. Wes and I time the water and chores to leave at his nap time and then take off. Well, Wes and I drove separate this time and I thought I was right on schedule for Cache to sleep the whole way home. Of course, he only slept twenty minutes. And screamed the entire rest of the way home.I tried everything! The only thing that worked at the end was handing him oreos to try and keep his mouth busy. I was at the end of my rope when I pulled into the drive in Springville and then I had to take care of him alone for the rest of the day. Thank heavens he looked like this when I got him out. How could I thrash this? :)



We have had a lot of fun at different events such as the Art City Days Parade, family bike rides, the Children's Museum with Emery and Quinlee, and just a lot of family time. We also went boating for the first time with Cache. He wasn't sure if he liked it, but the second time we went for seven hours and HE LOVED IT! He liked to splash in the water and he loved tubbing with Wes and I. We liked the surfing too. :) Love you all! HAGS.











8 comments:

Matt & Katie said...

These pics are SOOOOO cute! Love the oreo pics! I cannot stop laughing! Sorry about the ride home though! I feel your pain. Averi use to scream in the car wherever I would go. Thank heaven those days are over ;) Okay so it was SO much fun seeing you while I was there! I honestly get so excited to see you every time I come out! So - I am flying out again on the 9th through the 17th Wahoo! So lets plan something fun to do.

Jessie said...

LOL!!! Couldn't help it with those oreos all over the place! Hey, whatever works, right? And I love Cache holding up the orange flag. And I dig Wes and Cache on the 4-wheeler with a cowboy hat. Your pics are sooo much fun and Cache is one cute chunker! I cried a little last night when we moved Jed into his own room. I just felt like my little baby wasn't so little anymore--felt like something was gone forever, you know? Anyhow, reading all about Cache and all this fun stuff makes me excited for all the growing Jed is doing. :)

Jessie said...

let's see... how to make your blog super cute!!!

I used the new template designer. There are more backgrounds than just the plain colors you see at first, so click around! And click some more cuz there's LOTS you can do now to almost everything!

The cute post title font came from kevinandamanda.com There are directions on how to put it on your blog in one of her blog tutorials (hit older posts when you get there). It took me a while to figure it all out. You'll get it the 2nd time through. Can't wait to see what you do!

Jessie said...

oh yeah, and if you don't have photoshop elements or something for your pics, check out picnik.com!

Deanna said...

I can't believe how big Cache is getting!!! What a cutie!!! So....pictures of the bathroom are coming, right?! :)

LOVE the oreo face...and yeah...our kids screamed all the way home from Keith and Tricia's wedding in CA...but at least we had headphones and ipods...just tuned them out. :) we're awful.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Sounds like loads of fun. Oh and I love that you are working on all of these projects around your house. I'm sure it will turn out great and you will be so happy that you did it. I totally understand not having the energy to get it done. It only key word is only took me 4 weeks to hang the paintings in rykers room. Mind you they have been sitting on the floor the entier time. But hey today I got it done and Love his room. So you can do it! Oh and post picts once it finished!!

Christy said...

HAHAHAHA! I love the oreo pictures! Couldn't stop laughing! He is so dang cute! Can't wait to go to Wyoming this summer...I love it up there! :)

Cathy Lloyd said...

Cache is soooo stinkin' cute! Love the Oreo pics, especially the one of him with his bottom teeth showing. Yeah...he's on to that trip home from Wyoming. You know, he was just screaming because he didn't want to go home!