Saturday, June 19, 2010

World Cup Madness



My family has been a big soccer family ever since I started playing high school ball. I guess, being the oldest, my brothers wanted to be just like me and play the best sport ever. (rrrrriiiiigggghhhhhttttt.) Of course, they have far surpassed any skills I thought I had and are dominating continually on any soccer field they enter. Lindsey didn't care, so she just ran cross country. Even Wes picked up some futball moves on his mission to Argentina where they still tell legends about Maradona and his sketchy "hands-on" goal. (Click there to see it.) Wes should have converted him. ;)

So what better way to spend our time than to watch the FIFA WORLD CUP 2010?! It is seriously the most fun I have had in a long time. The different matches send us into a frenzy about which team is the best and who will win and who is the best looking-Ronaldo-(I am the lone participator in this activity, unless Sari or my mom is present).We love USA and though we want them to win, we doubt they will make it all the way so we are always shuffling between Spain (they are stinking it up though!), Argentina, Portugal, and (GASP!!) England.

Grab some of your buddies/family members and come watch with us. It is the best and we will continue eating it up until the end!





3 comments:

Angel said...

The World Cup really is so fun! Trevor has been OBSESSED with it this entire time. I've tried to catch bits and pieces but haven't had much time, due to studying for my nursing boards. Next week though I'll have taken the exam and can join in on the fun. I can't wait. :)

Jessie said...

We've been watching bits and pieces too, though not quite as obsessively as you!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I dont mind watching with Brady but the sound of thoes blasted horns might just make me a crazy woman.
Oh and good luck on your final paper! I know my mom cant wait for this blasted class to be over!