Monday, June 21, 2010

Home Improvement


Heaven bless (and curse) the Home and Garden Channel. I am addicted to a few of their shows that are always showing me how to "quickly" and "easily" improve my home. These include: Color Splash, Divine Design, and my personal favorite-Get it Sold. That one is all about staging homes and getting them to look amazing in "no time flat." I am always awestruck at the 5000 square foot room they paint in a 1/2 hour. This false advertising has gotten me in trouble more than you will ever know because I buy the vase they use or tape off the room for painting as they suggest and then I am too tired to find a place for the vase or to even start painting. So much for "quick and easy" projects on HGTV.

It's horrible too because they always show you these immaculate and wonderful finished products and they just show you enough of the work that went into it that you understand how to begin the project. But you never realize that the camera sped through the job at mach speed until you start yourself and then you are stuck with a half-a*# job if you don't finish. But I am tired and my arms hurt and my head is sick of inhaling paint thinner and dust. Oh blessed HGTV.

So now I am halfway through painting my porch and my downstairs bathroom and it isn't looking like they will get done any time soon. (The guests will have to use the upstairs bathroom I guess.) :) Someone send me David Bromstad or Candice Olsen or Sabrina Soto! They can get the job done faster and better than I could ever attempt. Hey...this isn't a bad idea at all....hire it out.....

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I love HGTV! I have like 5 shows on a series recording and I watch them all through the night sometimes while Jake is playing ball! I can't get enough! It makes me so excited for a house someday (hopefully soon) so I can start fun projects too! I'll have to get some advice from you though because I know It won't be as easy for me as it is for them! :)

Jessie said...

lol. I'm glad you're brave enough to attempt it! I'm sure it'll look fabulous.

Deanna said...

the ONLY thing that has save me from said dilemmas, is that we're still in an apartment...that and budgets! LOL!

Can't wait to see the finished room!!!