Monday, December 20, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

So I've found myself being quite the grinch this year, and I can't really put my finger on the reason for my lack of holiday cheer. Wes has assured me that the quickest way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear; this only lasts for a little while though. Cache is another great source of joy and life...I am so grateful for him and his happy little personality! But in the quite moments when he is asleep, I find myself drifting toward grinch-y-ness again.


I have really been trying to focus on the Lord and His special and humble birth. I really think this will help me. It has brought me more peace than any other year. At the same time, I feel that Satan is ON MY BACK and trying everything he can do to make me depressed, upset, anxious, and rude this season. So...with that in mind....can anyone share how they keep the Christmas Spirit close to their heart during this season? I could really use some help....

1 comment:

Jessie said...

We were just talking about this subject. I love that last pic. And I agree that singing out loud with your baby totally helps. So does blasting Christmas music while baking cookies. Service, service, service! Bring cookies around to your neighbors, even if they are store-bought ones! Find someone to do something extra special for without them knowing--ring the doorbell and run. Print off a bunch of Christmas stories or find some books and cuddle up on the couch with only the tree light for reading. Feel better soon!!! It will be the best Christmas ever!