Thursday, September 3, 2009

You Belong with Me...

(I captured Cache doing the ASL "I love you" in his sleep!)

I don't know if many of you are Taylor Swift fans, but in my family, we really are impressed with that down-to-earth country gal. Lindsey, my missionary sister, listened to Taylor 24/7 and my brothers and cousins (who are like brothers) are always fighting over who is going to marry her. My little cousin Sadie, who is 5, has been singing Taylor Swift for a couple years now, and it's amazing that someone THAT small could know full songs-word for word. No lie.

Well today I came home from an errand and my mom was sitting next to Sadie who was holding Cache. It was the most precious thing because he was fussy and then she started singing Taylor's song: You belong to me.. Cache settled right down and snuggled up against Sadie and went to sleep. It was darling! Family is the best and I am so grateful for them!

The longer I am with this amazing little boy (which is a month tomorrow!), the more convinced I am that he belongs with me and that I have known him a lot longer than just these short months when I carried him and now have him here. It is extremely spiritual looking at your child and seeing eternity. I want nothing more than to be with my family for time and all eternity; it is so important and it means so much to me.

Love you all!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brings tears to my eyes! I think that being a mom is the greatest job in the entire world :)

Jessie said...

Wow! You gave me goosebumps! I know that families are eternal too, and that we're all apart of something bigger than we understand just yet. I can't wait to be a mommy!

Matt & Katie said...

I'm crying - no joke. You said it perfectly!

collinanddani said...

I can't believe he knows sign language already! You must be a great mom!

brett and carly said...

Holy moly I've missed a lot of posts! First of all... he is amazing. Seriously, he is perfect and beautiful! Oh and we're coming up the first weekend in December! :)