Friday, August 27, 2010

New Website

I am trying to get things up and running with my photography. I have a website which makes me feel official. It still has some kinks and it is definitely far from perfect, but at least it is working for right now. It was a lot of work! It will take a lot of work to come too. That's ok.

One thing I've realized is that my style of editing isn't exactly what everyone enjoys. I've had to scale back a bit from the abnormal brights and funky finishes because most people aren't as "artsy" as that. I think it's good that I keep getting feedback and critism from others because, at least I hope, it will make me a better photographer and editor. Check the site out if you want and give some feedback (I think you'll have to do it here or on my facebook page). I have to keep my own style and flare to make this mine, but I do enjoy extra eyes catching things that I might not have noticed.

Xoxox

Nykelecrandallphotography.com

3 comments:

Jessie said...

No kidding, cool website! I think you'll be a hit. You're right, you have to do what you love YOUR way. However, I think it'd be best if you knew how to do an array of editing well--from crazy colors, to old school, to something classy and fresh. And I think you're ready for some REAL editing programs so you can mask back skin tones and keep your crazy colors. Try Gimp. You can download it free from the web. It acts a lot like photoshop.

Angel said...

Way to go! That's a big step! I think you're doing a great job. Like you said, not everyone will like your style. I personally just love simple editing and clear crisp pictures. But that's what is great about photography, you can express yourself and your style in your photos! Keep up the awesome work! It was good to see you at Katie's reception, sorry I didn't get to chat long...I was chasing around my niece. :)

Jen said...

Looks great so far!