Wednesday, October 20, 2010

{What did we do Before the Cricut?}

I have to ask this because I have made some of the cutest and funnest things from the cricut. I don't even own one. I usually ask my aunt or my beautiful sister-in-law if I can borrow theirs. But I love the cricut. I made the cutest pumpkins for my young women this week and THEY WERE SO EASY!

I bought black vinyl at Roberts and then, using the amazing Cricut, cut out spiders and ghosts. Then I simply put them on the pumpkins as little cut-outs. It was that easy. Who needs to gut a pumpkin and stab themselves carving it? Not I. I am using the cricut to make my Halloween Jack-o-Lanterns. I also made cute little owl cards to go with them. Anywho...am I lazy? Yes. But am I grateful for the Cricut. Yes.



5 comments:

Andrew and Jena said...

so cute! you are little ms crafty! :) I SOOO want a cricut! Never used one myself but ive seen it used and it looks amazing! I've tried to talk andrew into surprising me with one... hasnt happened, but maybe someday! :)

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

love them. i love my cricut also. we are doing something like that for our halloween party also. i love this time of year. oh and i bet you are the best yw leader.

Jessie said...

You're so cute, Nik! Wish we had creative stores and creative stuff here. The best we have is a Michaels and that's it! I'm dying. We just did pumpkins for our YW activity too, except we painted them. A little more messy than cricut, but still no risk of stabbing yourself. Glad you and me are on the same page!

Matt & Katie said...

Those are so cute! I want one sooo bad! Are you kidding lazy? No way! That is still a lot of work and how fun for you YW! So - lets talk December... We get there on the 15th and I totally think we should plan something! Like go to dinner with a bunch of friends or something?! I don't know! What do you think?!

Deanna said...

for cuteness!!! ANd I'm loving that pic of Cache in the previous post...boys must have dirt!!!